Model I Flange Sight Glass
The Model I Flange unit mounts on standard ANSI B16.5 (2" to 24") flange accommodations and is designed for applications where corrosion resistance is needed only on wetted parts. The insert (wetted part) of the Model I may be made of stainless steel, glass-lined, or Hastelloy, etc. while the flange housing (non-wetted) can be made of carbon steel. Units can be manufactured to meet your pressure and temperature requirements, and different materials of construction are available to meet your process needs. Applications requiring DIN standards or non-ANSI flanges are available upon request.
Materials of Construction:
- Flange: Carbon Steel SA-105 (Standard); 316 or 304 Stainless Steel SA-182
- Insert: 316 or 304 Stainless Steel SA-351; Carbon Steel SA-519; Glassed Lined; Hastelloy; Inconel; Titanium; Monel; Alloy 20; etc.
- Compression Ring: 304 Stainless Steel SA-351; Carbon Steel SA-519
- Lens: Two-Piece Laminated Tempered Soda Lime (Standard); Tempered or Annealed Borosilicate; Quartz; Lexan; Acrylic; Mica Shields
- Lens Cushion Gaskets: Teflon ; Grafoil ; Gylon ; Blue-Gard ; etc.
- Lens Packing: Combination Teflon Impregnated and Viton (Standard); Graphite; FDA Teflon ; etc.
- Compression Screws: 18-8 Stainless Steel; Carbon Steel SA-193
|This sight glass has been certified as maintaining a Quality Assurance System in accordance with the Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EC (PED) Annex I, Paragraph 4.3 by the Certification Body 0036 of the TÜV Industrie Service GmbH.
* FM Approval Excludes 600psi models